Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Go Shorty, it's yo birfday!"

Well the day is slowly creeping upon me. . . . on April 11th. I'm not really that anxious or freaking out because I'll be passing the realm of the big 3-0. I didn't do a big bash last year for that milestone and this year will be no different. I must say that it isn't so much the number for me. It's all about the experience. . . what have I learned in the last year to make turning 31 worthwhile?! That's what matters to me. I'm not they type who will have a long bday list with jewelry, shoes, clothing, blah, blah, blah!
I told hubby and the kids that I'd be fine with sushi carry-out and a 6-pack, lmao!! YUP, I'm a simple gal looking forward to the memories that the time between age 31 and 32 have in store for me. :)

p.s. Hmm, maybe change that 6-pack to a 12-pack and we'll call it good! ;)

2 comments:

  1. That's all that matters, the experience. You ssem to have a positive grasp on life. Im sure the next year will be a great year. Oh... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    -Dade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen Swain PalmerApril 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM

    Happy 31st! I think you will find Life on this side of 30 to be your most profound experience of discovering who you are in the winnowing process of tossing the unimportant, frivolous trappings of this World. Let the cleansing begin and hold onto what has eternal value ;>)

    *Of course it'll only be in retrospect looking back from 50 that you can say that (like me!)<3

    ReplyDelete