Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blast from the past. . .

Awhile back I was cleaning out some papers, junk, and misc. items from under my nightstand when I came across my old poetry book from high school. I used to write a lot when I was younger since it was easier to write what I was feeling vs. sharing with someone. I tend to be a bit more private about those 'touchy, feely' emotions. But it's amazing as I read through the poems now - catching a quick glimpse into my teenage heart back then. So much tension, confusion, heartache, etc. while going through the motions of trying to find myself and love. I can't necessarily say that I've got it all figured out many years later, but at least I can still reminisce of how it was back then. . . .

Internal Conflict - written 10/1/96
Awestruck,
Dumbstruck
Confused by all I feel
Daydreams
Nightmares
Reality seeming unreal
Passion
Lust
Confined by the past
Memories
Pain
Debating if this will last
Faithful
Trusting
Believing in who you are
Wanting
Restraining
Afraid to go to far
Hopeful
Feeling
Immobile by your touch
Entangling
Emotions
Wanting it so much
Anger
Depressed
Looking for a resolution
Silent
Accepting
Knowing there's no solution

2 comments:

  1. I remember feeling like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You found my blog!! You are totally my inspiration. :) I'm actually enjoying this blogging thing too!!

    ReplyDelete