Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On with Plan B

Well, it's been awhile since my last post but I do have good reason. . . especially since it's taken me a total of 3 days just to write, edit, and post this, LOL! My daughter was born on May 9th

and though I had set out for an all natural birth, it didn't quite go as expected. Obviously, even having to go to the hospital for an induction takes away from the 'natural' nature of birth. But I was as minimal as possible with just an oral med. to start the process but not much happened for hours. Then breaking my water. . . . again, not much! This went on for almost 30 hrs. and I was stuck at 3-4 dilation. :( So we went with Plan B and I broke down deciding that Pitocin was the best option at this point. After those wonderfully feeling contractions *insert sarcasm* for an hour, I had an epidural. Then lo' and behold, my baby girl was born not long after! Guess my body responded better to the intervention - *shrug*

But even in that process I learned some new things. For starters, our nurse had a cute quote. She asked if I knew how to make God laugh? She paused and when I said, "No" she continued with the answer of, "Have a plan". And it seemed to resonate with me because I thought I had every aspect of this pregnancy figured out, planned out and was on my way. It took more faith and trust for me to go forward with something outside of my 'plan' than it did to even conjure up my plan. Guess God had that lesson for me all along! When I think I have it figured out, He lets me know that I should move over a bit because He is the one that's driving. I can just sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the ride. :)

Also, after looking at my beautiful baby's face and pondering the direction of my life, my faith, my current situation with NFoo - I've decided that I want my blog to likewise gravitate in a different direction. From a couple of comments my brother has shared about NM - such as her refusing to come to his son's bday if I am there and her/EF no longer attending church because it's the same one I go to - it's textbook narc behavior which proves that she is content in her wicked, hurtful & unrepentant ways. Because of this, I don't want to dwell on her or a subject related to her. there are so many more positive & uplifting things in my life. I do myself a disservice by focusing on the past since going no-contact means there isn't much heartache going on presently because I don't deal with NFoo.

By not having contact with NFoo, my hubby and I have allowed ourselves to open our life up to a myriad of friends/church 'family' members that have offered such positive influences to us and our family. It is immeaurable how they have touched our lives. We never would have had this opportunity had we solely been stuck in NM/EF's web of influence which sheltered/isolated us from others due to their judgement/influence on our lives. I'm sad it has come to this with my family but ever thankful for the things God has shown me of other people in our lives.

It's true that when one door closes, several more can open and it's that hope that I'm clinging to and looking forward to along with working on forgiveness.

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to learning what is behind door number 2. I so understand your learning about how God laughs. He has many a chuckle from my wanderings. Sorry to hear your NM and EF are hard lining but from your comments not totally unexpected. I am learning to move forward myself and have a billion other things on my mind. I am glad to hear Darling Daughter arrived safely if slightly different than planned. If I could fit it in the CD and send it to you, I would send you one of my baby blankets. But think of an email blanky winging your way to wrap you in happiness. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Ruth Thanks! I'm imagining the blanket right now! :)
    It is a process learning to put the past behind and try some semblence of 'normal' to move forward. Praying your process is helping you grow in so many positive ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (hugs) Congratulations on the newest bundle o' love. I was thinking and praying for a good and healthy deliver, natural or not.

    And, yes, we're learning that even if our FOO is messed up, the Lord is providing us with more opportunities (and time!) to spend with good friends who are becoming family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kiki! Those are dd's toes in the pic also, lol. My oldest dd12 painted the baby's toes with non-toxic nail polish. . . . she was itching to get at lil' sis. ;)

    Moments like those really help me stay on a 'normal' level and appreciate being narc-free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your dd, and love the photo of her toes done by other dd!
    It is SO true how wonderful it is when there are other people in your life who know the real you and are so good to you (and vice versa).

    ReplyDelete