Friday, June 4, 2010

Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's Door

Dear Lord,

I know I don't talk to you enough, don't display you enough in my life and I make daily mistakes despite having your Word to guide me. I try my best and always find myself failing in some way, shape or form. But I know that you understand your ultimate plan for me more than I could ever comprehend, which is why I plead with you now to please help me be steadfast in the wake of struggles.

Grant me patience when I have little to spare to those around me.
Show me your forgiveness and send me opportunities to forgive.
Allow me to find ways to help others, even when I remain un-helped.
Teach me how to love others more fervently, just as you love all of your children.

I don't ask for you to take my struggles from me, lest I forget your power and how much I need you. . . . just that you help me stand firm in my faith, use me for your will and temper my days with your unending mercy and love.

I pray this in your Son's awesome name. . . . Amen!

1 comment: